Car Maintenance Tucson – ASE Certified Mechanics, Auto Repair, Transmission Rebuild, Performance Parts and Tuning
What can I do to keep the condition of my transmission healthy?
Your vehicle’s automatic or manual transmission is one of the most important components in your automobile. Here is our advice for optimal care:
- Get your transmission checked periodically. Overheating in Tucson is the cause of 90% of all automatic transmission failures. Many times an overheated transmission is due to worn-out transmission fluids that should have been replaced. A leak that is caught early can be repaired without needing an entirely new transmission!
- Get a transmission flush. Your transmission fluid and filter should be changed every 30,000 miles, or as indicated by your owner’s manual.
- Check your transmission fluid level. Make sure the fluid is not dirty or burnt smelling. Never overfill your transmission fluid, though. If you aren’t sure how to check or fill your transmission fluid, refer to the owner’s manual for your vehicle, or bring your vehicle to Transmission Outlet.
My “check engine” light has come on, but my car is running fine.
There are many sensors and computerized components that manage your vehicle’s engine performance and emissions. When one of these fails, the “check engine” light is illuminated telling us that the computer has identified a problem. Although your car may seem to run fine, it is important to have the issue addressed to prevent long-term problems. With our free initial scan, we can identify the reason your light has come on.
What should I do if my car starts to overheat?
This is a very serious problem in Tucson. If your car overheats for too long, you can damage your engine. As soon as possible, find a safe place to pull off the road and shut the engine off! Do not attempt to check the fluid level in the radiator as it can burn you. The best thing to do is have your car towed to a repair shop. We provide free towing on all major repairs.
What is synthetic motor oil?
Synthetic motor oils can be a good choice for high output, turbocharged or supercharged engines, vehicles that are used for towing (especially during hot weather), or vehicles that are operated in extremely cold or hot climates. Synthetic motor oils, though several times more expensive than mineral-based motor oils, can improve fuel economy and provide longer intervals between changes. They also provide instant lubrication on start-up.
Check out these SPECIALS
- 1 FREE Hour of Diagnostic
- Radiator Flush — only *$69.95**
- 1/2 Off Performance Tuner Installation
Transmission Outlet is dedicated to providing the best possible customer service possible. Please be sure to go to our Shop Specials section for our current promotions and specials. Come by and visit our clean and professional shop, and meet our qualified professional transmission specialists today—just call 520-882-8210, email us at email@example.com, or drop by our shop at 1050 S. Euclid in Tucson. We’re open 8:00 a.m. till 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (closed on weekends, but other times are available by appointment).